King’s Jewelry opened its doors to serve customers on King Street in 1955 stocking its shelves with much-coveted items such as steam irons, 3MM projectors, and portable radios. Romantic, huh? The original owner, Moritz Bier, spotted a young man, Norman ‘Brad’ Bradford selling shoes next door and lured him away. That’s when the real ‘romance’ started. Brad fell in love with his new job of providing his customers with high-quality merchandise at reasonable prices. Of course, he had to change up the inventory a bit.